Pushkar Fair is world’s largest camel fair held in the holy town of Pushkar in Rajasthan. This camel festival hosts around 50,000 camels in this magnificent event they are sold, decorated, raced and saved.
Pushkar is among the five Dhams of Hindus Badrinath, Puri, Rameswaram and Dwarka. On this occasion villagers from far and near to gather and enjoys the fair.
According to legends Lord Brahama killed the demon by his lotus flower and the places where his petals floated Lake sprang up. Puskar Lake was surrounded by 500 temples and 52 palaces at one point. This is the only Brahama temple of India. Puskar is held at Pushkar town, 11 km from Ajmer in Rajasthan, India for twelve days annually.
A Quick Overview: Why should you visit Pushkar Fair:
- It is the largest Camel Fair in the World
- It has only temple for Lord Brahma in the world
- It has the famous Sarovar with 52 Ghats surrounding it in the Earth
- It offers around 400 temples to see.
- Pushkar Fair is all encapsulated with numerous cultural activities.
- Traditional and Ethnic shopping items from all over the state are on sale during fair.
- Pushkar Mela has the rare combination of religious fervor and cultural vibrancy in Rajasthan.
- One of the most interesting and attractive feature of the fair is the opportunity to meet and see numerous different cultural folks.
In 2010, Pushkar Fair is celebrated on 13-21 November.
Toshali Resorts International has made exclusive arrangement for their Guest, Tourist, Travellers to visit Pushkat Fair at Rajasthan. Reservation and Booking Pushkar Mela can be made at http://bit.ly/gb5Hsr . You can also ask your Travel Consultant Metu at metu@toshali,in