If you are a wildlife enthusiast you may have heard of Bhitarkanika National Park. Or if you live in some specific cities of Odisha, you may have known of it as a weekend gateway. But mostly Bhitarkanika is not a popular name amongst tourists.
What is Bhitarkanika?
Bhitarkanika is one of the many National Parks in India that stands out for is its crocodile population. The island is basically a delta for the river Brahmani and hence full of small channels and streams of water. This suits perfectly to the lifestyle and breeding of crocodiles. And so it’s a great place for reptile lovers. Of course, one can expect a variety of birds as well given the perfect eco-system of an island.
Where is Bhitarkanika?
Bhitarkanika National Park is located near the coast of Odisha, around 200 km from Bhubaneshwar. The nearest railway station is Bhadrak which is well connected by train to all major cities of the eastern side of India.
When is the best time to visit?
Winter season is the best time to be there. The crocodiles go into hibernation mode with little to no activity. This means they spend most of their day lying on the mud at the bank of the canals, leading to the better sighting of the animal. This is also the time for many migratory birds arriving at Bhitarkanika, which can be a treat for bird lovers. Apart from that tourists can visit the park all around the year. Rainy season can be unpleasant and recommended to avoid.
How to reach there and where to stay?
As you can guess, Bhitarkanika National Park doesn’t have many hotels. There are only a few private hotels and forest lodges. You can plan with Toshali International tour packages, who provides best-staying options along with wild parktour for your weekend vacations. The hotels like Toshali Pushpagiri and Toshali Ratnagiri are the nearest best luxury hotels provided by Toshali International for you.
Chilika Lake located on the beachfront of the Bay of Bengal on Odisha offers idyllic and panoramic scenery, especially for birdwatchers. It will not be wrong to say that it is a paradise for birders. Chilika is winter stop-over of the migratory birds and thus during the season, many exotic and beautiful bird species can be spotted here. The combination comprising the landscape of the region is simply gorgeous with the chirping of birds, aquatic serenity studded with tiny islands and overlooking hills. The sunrises and sunsets enhance the beauty of the arena and make it one of the most beautiful spots in Odisha. If you have plans of discovering the real Odisha, then this spot must be there in your bucket list.
Top Attractions at Chilika Lake
- Chilika Lake is one of the largest eco-system, supporting exotic flora and fauna. This makes the place perfect for enjoying a variety of wildlife along with beautiful scenic islands and locations.
- Dolphin Point– Who does not love dolphins. They are the most wonderful creatures and friendly too, overloaded with cuteness. At Chilika Lake you can catch glimpses of these cute creatures. The endangered Irrawaddy Dolphins, which are spotted at only 2 Lagoons in the world, can also be spotted here along with the bottle-nosed dolphins.
- Satpada– At this spot, witness the confluence of the Bay of Bengal and Chilika Lake. The panoramic is one of the best sights to behold. Dolphin Point is very near to Satapada and boating activity is offered by the Dolphin Motor Boat Association.
- Nirmaljhara Island– one of the major picnic spot amidst the brackish water lagoon, Nirmaljhara has mythological significance as it is believed to be connected to Lord Vishnu. A stream flows out of the image of Lord Vishnu which is known as Nirmaljahara.
- Sankunda Island– Shankh or Breakfast Island- these are the nicknames given to Sankunda Island. Rich floral species can be found at this spot.
- Bird Island– It is a major spot which is visited by thousands of bird species and thus is an important hub for bird watchers. Rare herbs, trees, creepers, and shrubs comprise the bio-diversity of Bird Island and white granite rocks are among the special attractions.
- Apart from these Tara Tarini Temple, Mangalajodi, and Kali Jai Temple are other popular attractions.
Golden triangle of Odisha tours are highly popular among the travelers and covers the three most exquisite destinations of the state- Puri, Konark and Bhubaneswar. These destinations captivate the nerves of every tourist. Thus, this triangle of destinations is frequented by the tourists from all over the blue planet. A visit to the eastern triangle makes the tourists explore the affluent cultural heritage, famous temples, natural wonders, sea beaches and much more. The vibrant markets of Bhubaneswar and Puri are another likeable aspect. Continue reading Golden Triangle of Odisha Tours to See Prominent Destinations