Shimla, a fascinating hill station popularly known as “Queen of Hills” is the capital town of the state of Himachal Pradesh. Individuals in Shimla fancy pleasing summers and, cold and snowy winters. Entire city of Shimla is jam-packed with forests of pine, shrub and oak.
Among the northern holiday destinations, tourist places in Shimla ranks high and is visited by a large range of tourists all year spherical. Numbers of activities are welcome here to entertain tourists like sport, trekking, fishing; skating and camping also are concerned within Shimla tourism.
Places to see in Shimla are found within the North-West of Himalaya at an altitude of 2159 meters. it’s one in all the simplest hill stations of India. This place is sometimes terribly pleasant in summers because the temperature isn’t terribly high and therefore the winter’s area unit cold. Typically the surroundings is usually shrouded by frost. The simplest time to go to Shimla is from April to August and middle September.
How to reach at Shimla
By Air: Jubbarhatti is the nearest airport 30 kms away from Shimla. It takes just about one hour to succeed in there. You can rent taxi from airdrome to Shimla.
BY Rail: the closest station is Kalka. It takes three hours from Kalka to succeed in Shimla. You can go with local bus or taxi from train station for Shimla.
By Road: Journey becomes pleasant and exciting if we tend to elapse road because the roads area unit wonderful.
Places to see in Shimla are most lovely, whom you can include the tour packages like, pilgrimage, leisure tour, relaxation trip, adventure trip, honeymoon trip etc.
There are several tourist places in Shimla, those you cann’t ignore.
- The Mall: it’s the largest shopping center of Shimla.
- Summer Hill: This place attracts the character lovers. it’s at the peak of 6500 feet.
- Christ Church: it’s the second oldest church in North India.
- Jakhu hill: it’s settled at the peak of 8000 feet, is one of the best tourist places in India.
- Annandale: it’s referred to as the playground of Shimla. it’s at the peak of 6100 feet.
- Kufri: it’s one in all the simplest places to visit in Shimla within the country for sport.